Hello! My name is Sarah. I’m a Welsh mixed-media artist, currently based in Southern California. By day I document the lives of others as an Archivist, and the rest of the time I love to document my own life through journals.
I started keeping written journals in the year 2000 (aged 13) and kept it up for all of my teen years. I always loved art as a child/teen, but somewhere along the line convinced myself I was no good and shouldn’t continue. I dabbled in altered books and zines for a bit, but felt they weren’t for me. However, in 2009, I came across a book called Journal Revolution: Rise Up and Create! by Karen Dinino and Linda Woods and I was opened up to the wonderful world of art journaling.
I slowly began to introduce visual elements to my journals – and the rest is history! Although my journals have evolved a lot over time, I have always dug deep to explore my own thoughts and feelings. Other strong influences in my work include: music and lyrics, feminism, politics/current affairs, technology, and witchiness. I like to joke that I explore the dark… with bright colors!
The majority of my art journals and pieces are available to view on this website. Please feel free to take a look around!
- Brush Magazine, Issue 3 (2018) – co-author of an article with Vanessa Oliver-Lloyd
- Shut Your Eyes, and You’ll Burst Into Flames: A Twin Peaks Zine (2017) – contributor
- Synapse Zine, Vol. 3 (2017) – contributor
- Illustractions, Vol. 1 (2017) – contributor
- Girls Only, Issue V: Mystic (2017) – contributor
- “Who is this man named J. P. Getty?” M. Knoedler & Co. and Getty the Collector (2015) – author
- Artemis: The Female Identity Issue (2009) – co-editor and contributor
- Artemis (2008) – editor and contributor
- Well Inked Box ambassador (2018-2019)
- Awesome Ladies Project creative team member (2017/8)
- Illustractions Zine release party at Welcome to Junior High (2017)